THE TOP PADDOCK
Bairds Crossing Road
SOLD | 23.12.2023
The Great Snowy Mountains Hideaway
Incredible Main Range Views sitting 1000m ASL – Opportunities for cabins, eco-tourism, camping, trail riding, motorbikes, or hunting. An adventure playground, the ultimate getaway block only a short drive from the Ski resorts and Kosciuszko National Park with the ability to derive income from some farming if you wish.
- Approximately 205.58 hectares or 508 acres.
- Approximately 1.5 hours from Tuggeranong, 2 hours from Canberra and 2 hours from the South Coast Beaches.
- Located about 15 minutes’ drive southeast of Dalgety or about 30 min to Jindabyne on mainly sealed road.
- A refitted four-berth caravan with basic cooking and bathroom facilities, running water and wood fireplace for overnight stays.
- Many kms of established trails and terrain, great for bikes, buggy’s or horses.
- Further improvements include a brand new 120sqm multipurpose machinery shed with concrete floor, plus additional large carport and shipping container.
- Raised single stand shearing platform, new set of steel sheep yards capable of working around 500 head.
- About 80% new fencing, most of the hard work done.
- Mostly granite derived soils with some shale present, approximately 75% cleared, 10% lightly timbered and 15% heavily timbered.
- Timber present – Apple Gum, Wattle, Manna Gum, and Peppermint, plenty of quality firewood to be cut or even collected and sold.
- Secure water supply via 3 dams, several permanent springs, Stony Creek along some of the western boundary, a well with solar pump and a very good capacity bore with solar pump lifting water to a 22,500L storage tank allowing it to reticulate to a number of troughs and to a dam if needed. A further 5,000L water tank catching rainwater from the shed.
- Fenced into 4 grazing paddocks and a holding paddock.
- Owner currently running 200 ewes plus followers and 120 wethers or alternatively run 400 easy care wethers with plenty of scope to increase if you want to do some work on a tractor.
This is an outstanding opportunity to acquire a rural hideaway come starter block with most of the hard work done with over $150,000 spent in the last 3 years on critical farming infrastructure that is ready to go without spending anything further. “The Top Paddock” currently produces immaculate superfine merino wool year in year out. Stunning views west to the snow-capped main range in winter and east as far as the eye can see with the highest point at 1,000m above sea level, amazing rock formations, and an array of native bird life. Ready for fun or farming or simply relax and enjoy the serenity of the spectacular landscape.
NO MORE TO SAY – THE NEXT STEP IS UP TO YOU – REST ASSURED THIS ONE WON’T LAST!
|Nick Kirshner, Aaron Mackay, & Maddy Kirshner | 02 6456 6783 | firstname.lastname@example.org
|By Appointment with Exclusive Agents Only
|SOLD | 23.12.23